Friday, August 19, 2011

What if.

I sit myself down at the empty table. Vigorously rubbing my temples before taking a deep breath and taking a chance.


"Marionette."


Only silence greets my words.


I grow impatient.


"Goddammit Marionette I KNOW you are there!"


I see hear something shuffle in the silence.


"What." Marionette asks, irritation bristling beneath his voice. 


I take a breath. 


"We need to talk."


A sneer peels open his face. 

"Talk about what? Your incessant stupidity?"


I feel a spike of anger flare within my head. 


"Shut up." 

His annoying sneer grows ever wider and I swear I heard a small chuckle.


"Quite contradictory to what you just said eh?"


My poor attempt at patience falls through.


"Just Tell Me What The Fuck Is Wrong With Ragdoll!"


His smirk disappears. Replaced by a vicious smile and he leans back in his chair.


"Ohhhhhhh... Haha like you don't know? you heard her last night. Just a little girl's fantasies about a fairytale that will never be."


Images of last night flash through my mind. That mixed feeling of terror and dread returning to it's resting place in the pit of my stomach and I run a hand through my messy hair before looking back at him.


"Yeah I know. But you keep blocking her rambling at every turn."


He cuts me off.


"Because it's just that."


I look at him.


"But what if it isn't?"


A bark of laughter. He rolls his eyes.


"If there was any truth to the nonsense that Ragdoll keeps spewing out of her skullcave, there would be alot more to worry about than just being hunted by an anorexic freak who drives people mad with the silent treatment."


He seems so sure that Ragdoll is insane and suffers from hallucinations... 


"Because she is Puppet."


I'm dragged back into reality(?) and I look surprised at Marionette, who simply smirks.


"I'm a part of your mind jackass. Thinking to yourself is just as loud as saying it."


I glare at him. 


"Fuck you." I think.


"Now you're just being childish." He replies dryly.


"Puppet has always been a bit lacking when it comes to being mature."Ragdoll giggles as she comes striding out from the shadows and sits between us.


"Oh fuck me the little mother's arrived." 


Ragdoll and Marionette exchange angry, almost violent, looks. Before Marionette looks at me.


"How about you talk to her about your qualms? I'm fucking tired of being told of what could be when I know what is."


Without another word he's gone. Leaving me alone with Ragdoll. 


"I don't think he likes you." She giggles before disappearing herself.


And I'm left alone. Wondering why the fuck I even tried talking to myself in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment