Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Consciousness.

I woke up drenched in what seemed to be sweat. My flesh grimy to the touch. My body was screaming to move, adrenaline pumping through my veins like a violent toxin. Yet my mind remains unresponsive.


Migraine.


That was the first thing I noticed. My head felt like splitting from the tattered seams that reluctantly held it together. I felt as though someone had split an atom inside of my brain.


Then sound finally caught up with me. The torrential roaring of the baleful winds assailing my mind. I could hear the explosion of thunder as though it were inside of my own head. 


Finally I opened my eyes.


Rain met them. And I blinked. I wasn't just sweaty, I was saturated in the pouring rain. An undying drum line as the countless drops impacted against my body.


The clouds were of a dark, dark grey. The blinding cracks of lightning like whips against my eyes. My body begged to be moving. 


I was craving an aspirin.


I had lost an entire day. No recollection. All my amnesiac mind can remember is terror.


"What a mind forgets, a body remembers..."


Whatever had occurred last night, left me in a bad way, I felt like I had run for miles, I felt like I had been relentlessly beaten upon by some unknown force, my ankle was twisted, My lip split, the taste of blood in my mouth.


And all time was lost to me.


Emptying my pockets, I found my phone, wallet, keys, and a note.


"Hi, I was here in your tree last night." Was scribbled upon the small slip of paper like as though a child had written it.


And my camera... oh god my camera... Lens was smashed, battery dead, and the tape inside was somehow missing.


Whatever had transpired last night. Whatever mind-altering things I suffered through. I was left with one thing.


A true reason.


To fear Him.


And while I may not remember what has happened. My body does. And it won't forget.


For I have been shaking uncontrollably for hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment