Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pop.

Holy Fucking Shit.


I'm thrashing around in my sleep. Nightmarish images and childish laughter assailing me from all sides. I awake with a cry, sitting straight up. Completely soaked with sweat that was already chilling me to the bone from the cool nighttime weather.


I thought it was just a remnant of my dream. But it wasn't. I could hear it just within earshot.


A playful melody. Like an old nursery rhyme I used to hear in daycare. It lacked that lighthearted tune though, it was distorted. 


I distinctively heard it begin as a girl's croon. the soft lullaby kissing my ears as it slowly made it's way inside of my head. 


But slowly... it became more distorted... more demented... the voice deepening... growing angry... violent.


I was growing nervous, and soon the song faded into a hum. And I reached over and turned on the light.


The light blared. A blood curdling scream ripped through the silence like a serrated blade through flesh. The lamp flashed and the lightbulb exploded with a violent pop and suddenly I was swallowed by the darkness once more.


I am frozen. Fear pumping through my veins like frozen molasses and I couldn't move. In fear of setting off whatever it was that lie hidden within the dark.


Then came a sweet little voice as it whispered in my ear, "You're going to wake the baby..."


And I swear something kissed my ear...

No comments:

Post a Comment