Monday, August 22, 2011

Birth.

"Puppet wake up."


My eyelids flutter.


"Wake. The fuck. Up."


I can feel the warmth of the sun beating down upon me like a heavy blanket during the fourth of july.


Yet again my head threatened to crack open should I open my eyes.


I groan.


"Five more minutes..."


I could practically feel his snarky grin rip open across his face.

"Glad to see you aren't a vegetable mate."


I stop a moment. My mind grinding through everything I could remember the last few weeks.


"That might be THE first time you have ever said something to me without insulting my intelligence... on that note..."


I blindly sit up, burying my eyes behind my hands before slowly peeling them open within the shade.


"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" I ask.


A dry laugh.


"Aren't You?"


A chuckle echoes somewhat dead within my throat.


"Touché..."


A moment of silence as I rub my ever aching eyes. My head attempt to beat itself out of my skull.


"Unlike most people, you tend to bounce back from the brink pretty easily."


I take a breath and remove my hands from my eyes, the beaming rays of the sun painting themselves against my retinas like a thick coat of pain. 


"Unfortunately I'm not like most people." I respond, reeling from how the light had hit me harder than I had thought.


Marionette crouches down next to me, a true look of concern etched upon his face.


"Do you remember the last few days?" He asks and I close my eyes and desperately think back.


"No." 


He sighs and looks off into the trees.


"Should be for the better. No one should be ever have to be forced through what happened to you the last couple of days..."


I look at him. Taking a long moment before finally opening my mouth.


"What happened."


He looks back to me, a look of sadness within his usually angry eyes.


"He split your mind again. This time ALOT more severely than the previous times."


I sigh and rub my neck.


"Explains the headache." I reply nonchalantly.


His expression hardens and he looks me up close. He looked weak. Which looking back at what happened to him... shouldn't come as such a surprise.


"Are you alright?" The words echo with another emotion I would have never expected him to possess.


Worry.


"Considering the fact that I have had my brain fucked with once again, and I have also woken up in who the fuck knows where AGAIN without a clue as to what's happened or how long I've been out AGAIN. And also having this monstrous headache beating into my skull with a flat iron AGAIN. Yeah I'm perfectly fine."


His brow furrows, creasing the lines on his face further.


"You seem... different."


I cast a dark glare into his eyes.


"Maybe I'm learning to accept the situation I'm in, rather than fight every fact."


I didn't mean to inject so much venom into that statement. nontheless I did. And Marionette felt the sting.


He stands up.


"Just watch out for yourself..." 


And with that he's gone. Replaced by my shadow, staring back at me.


"What are YOU looking at?" I growl at it before heaving myself to my feet. The gravel beneath me digging into my palms as I lift myself up.


A stain of red upon my chest catches my eye. Sparked with curiosity, I lift up my dirty t-shirt and a scowl slowly crawls across my face.


"What the fuck is this?!?!?"


I seethe as I look down at the words 'Dummy Was Here' scrawled haphazardly into my flesh..... 

1 comment:

  1. I might have an idea. One that I REALLY hope isn't true.... I'll be asking about it next time Marionette (or Ragdoll) shows up.

    ReplyDelete