Monday, August 1, 2011

Rain.

"Such dark clouds... crawling forth upon the pale horizon... casting a dark shadow over the world below... promising the teardrops of broken clouds..."

The way the grass stands on end, the smell of rain promising a downpour... I can taste the anticipation of that first drop. splashing gently against my nose... slipping down my cheek as another drop makes impact against my eyelid...

I begin to sing a silent song... swaying my hips ever so gently as the lukewarm droplets increase in multitude...

Rain...Rain... Go Away... Come Again Some Other Day...

Licking the moisture from my lips, a smile playing it's way across my face... I feel his hands gently grip my shoulders... Long, pale fingers draping down my arms...

I lean into him... He felt so warm... His grip tightens and suddenly the clouds fade to black, the rain turns to blood...

And thus I start to laugh..."

No comments:

Post a Comment