Saturday, August 20, 2011

Conflict.

2:35 p.m.


"Rain... Rain... Go Away... Come Again Another Day..."


Another childish rhyme is playing it's repetitive yet catchy tune inside of my skull.


"Rain... Rain... Go Away... Come Again Some Other Day..."


I'm perched on the edge of my bed, basked in darkness, I had not yet replaced the lightbulb to the only lightsource within my room but had instead fallen back on using a flashlight to navigate.


"Rain... Rain... Go Away... Come Again Another Day..."


True to her maddening singing there was indeed a storm raging outside. Heavy gales bending the trees. Brief snaps of lightning enveloping the room in a bright light before retreating back behind the safety of thunder's tremendous clap.


"Rain... Rain... Go Away... Come Again Some Other Day..."


"SHUT UP!" I finally scream and send my fist driving into the wall. That spike of anger sending waves through my body, making me evermore rigid and tense.


A giggle echoes from the darkness, and I feel a small form of Ragdoll sit herself upon the edge of my bed. Smiling victoriously up at me.


"You are fucking annoying." I growl at her and her smile widens.


"You should lighten up, today is a monumental occasion..." She declares happily and I feel an eyebrow raise.


"And why is that?" I ask simply. Though knowing her... I was surprised I had the courage to even ask.


I see her features grow darker... more insidious...


"Today I get a baby..."


A long silence..... fear begins to crawl up my spine.


"What do you mean by that?" I ask, unable to come up with a better query. 


She stands up and her smile becomes almost inhuman because... well she was.


"I thought you were more clever than that Puppet..." She teases and suddenly glances into the darkness behind me.


"He makes angels too..."


A Flare goes off in my mind. And I whip around to see a tall shadow standing opposite of me. I could hear a steady thrum sounding within the air just by seeing it.


My blood turned to ice.


It moves forward.


I throw my hand out for the nightstand on my side of the bed, my fingers wrapping around the handle of the heavy black flashlight.


The thrum increases in intensity.


I quickly point the flashlight towards the shadow. And as my mind screamed for me not to prove EXACTLY who I knew it was...


I thumbed the switch. 


And a blast of light explodes from it's tip, bathing the room in a dim white light.


Revealing the tall suited monster almost sliding towards me.


I could hear Ragdoll's insane laughter scream into my ears. The thrum growing so much in intensity I could feel it in the air. My body was frozen. My eyes locked onto the sight of the monster before me. Strange black, spindly vines beginning to bleed from his back and move determinedly towards me. 


I was screaming but my mouth didn't move.


He was getting closer.


WHY CAN'T I MOVE!?!?!?


Ragdoll just stands their pointing and laughing at me.


I feel the first of the contorting tentacles brush my wrist.


And a spark goes off in my brain.


Suddenly the door to my room is kicked open and I hear Marionette's voice roar,


"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING PUPPET?!?!? MOVE!!!!!!!!"


A quick stutter in the thrum emanating within the atmosphere and I manage to grasp at my only chance.


I rip myself away from the hypnotic grip of the Slender Man, a single flash of lightning casting an outline of my desperate escape out the room and into the hallway.


Ragdoll sounded a howl of rage as Marionette slams the door shut.


"Thank you, if you didn't show-"


He throws me a look of disbelief.


"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION YOU'RE IN????"


The door rattles as something heavy collides with it on the other side. And Marionette grabs the knob with both his hands and pulls with all his strength.


"RUN!!!" He roars and without another ill-advised word I take off down the hallway, heading straight towards the front door.


An explosion and right as I round the hallway and reach the living room I hear The thrumming return even louder than before.


I didn't stop to look at what happened.


I launch myself over the couch and tear the front door open, kicking out the screen door as I take one glimpse behind me...


And see Ragdoll staring at me with eyes full of hate, Marionette's endless scream sounding from within the hallway behind her.


I hear a shout slip from my mouth as I turn tail and throw myself out the door, the sudden impalement upon the millions of raindrops cascading from the darkened sky sending a shock through my system. While also drenching me to the bone within seconds.


I hit the ground running. My feet slapping the pavement one after another, splashing through the overwhelming water.


"GIVE ME MY BABY!!!" I hear Ragdoll scream from behind me and suddenly a bullet of pain goes shooting through my brain.


I'm crippled.


I lose the use of my legs and I go sprawling to the ground mere inches from the front gate.


I'm screaming. The mixture of fear and failure and horror and disgust in myself driving verbal venom to drip profusely from my mouth....


Looking back I see Ragdoll standing untouched by the rain. A triumphant smile pasted upon her lips. 


The thrumming reaches it's crescendo. My eyes are jerked back to the sight of the Slender Man standing silently next to her, his ever branching limbs inching closer and closer.


But I see someone draped amongst the dozens of clawing arms...


Marionette.


Joining the collection of still life this horrific nightmare has been amassing for god knows how long.


I feel my heart die. My hopes extinguished.


Ragdoll giggles.


The first of the many claws wraps itself around my ankle.


A splitting pain tears it's way through my brain.


And the darkness engulfs me.

1 comment:

  1. I had hoped they would leave you be. You didn't quite make it to that port in the storm, eh?

    When you wake, I wish to see you unhurt. Though, being their pet cannot be that happy of a fate.

    ReplyDelete