Thursday, September 1, 2011

September.

A cool autumn breeze flows gently across my face. Sending it's haunting chill deep into the darkest recesses of my bones. Turning my marrow to ice. My breath to fog.


My fingers trace the gaping hole that's bleeding so profusely from my side, trailing the torn flesh that screamed from the stinging bite of the September air, before lightly brushing gainst bone.

My eyes open.


The moonlight kisses my cheek. A crescent smile draped across it's face.


A long shadow had cast itself before me, that low foreboding thrum sounding within my ears.


I take a deep breath, then face the Slender Man as He stood quietly before me.


We stay like that for a long moment.


Simply... staring... watching... waiting...


Until I take notice to the body lying motionless at his feet.


My heart skips a beat.


His head twitches angrily. And He reaches out a single, long, pale finger...


And pushes it deep into my wound.


The pain that's injected into the nerve endings of my mind cause me to writhe from his horrific touch. A soft moan that reverberated a pitiful compliance to the injury afflicted upon me.


He removed his appendage, the contrasting red shone as scarlet against the pale flesh it painted within the dreary moonlight.


For yet another moment we continue our wordless conversation. Not a sound uttered but our thoughts understood.


And thus He turned and strode off into the night. Leaving me to bleed out with only a mere glimpse of the hatred he felt towards me burned into the forefront of my mind.


I close my eyes once more, resting my head upon the cold, dewy grass beneath. Reveling in the feeling of it soaking through my hair.


"Wake me up when September ends..."


And gladly, sleep slips in and steals me away into a nightmarish world of countless fascinations...

No comments:

Post a Comment