Sunday, December 25, 2011

Behemoth


Splayed out upon my bed. 


The slight rise and fall of my chest hypnotic within the stillness that encompassed my room.


Suddenly a sharp laugh escapes passed the confines of my lips and emanates into the air.


I was replaying the moments of my triumph over and over inside of my head.


Fast forward, Rewind, Slow motion, Pause.


The memory of how easily my claws slipped voraciously through his flesh red lit within my mind.


I laugh again. The sound like nails scraping alongside a chalkboard.


I killed the fucker.


I, still restrained by mortal ties. Overwhelming and defeating my foe.


By god I could still smell his blood inside my nostrils...


My ears perk. And I immediately sit up.


Am I playing tricks on myself again?


The shuffle of leaves outside my window.


The crunching of..... footsteps?


Slowing I slip to my feet. Quick, silent strides towards my window, I rip open the blinds.


My window was blanketed in a sheet of thick black leaves. Seeming almost to throb with breath.


I could feel my eyes widen, my pulse quicken, the legion of voices within my head begin to scream.


How could this be?


Before I could explore the possible answers towards this question, a fleshy giant of a fist explodes through the window, impacting with my chest and thrusting me back into the opposite wall.


Dazed I quickly struggle to my feet as a more primal voice echoes louder than the rest of the voices in my head.


Fear.


I quickly glance back towards the window just in time to see the giant log of an arm rip it's way back out the window, revealing an enormous brute looking back towards me. 


No face.


And with a quick wave of his arm, the rest of the wall is removed in large heaps of rubble and glass.


The monster before me stood taller than my house.


And the thick, writhing muscles that made up his limbs and body...


I was obviously outmatched. Out performed.


Out of time.


A quick jab sends me through the wall behind me and into the street.


The breathing black leaves poured from the sky like acid rain.


I manage to struggle to my feet once more to see the monster set Himself before me.


Throwing my mind to the wind, I change my posture and stare back up at Him with burning eyes.


The smallest hints of fiery tendrils licking the ground around me.


"Well now, seems we have reached a tad of an impasse."


Those words flowed as fluid through the cocky smirk that split wide my face.


A long and violent growl was my only response. And the massive beast's thick muscles ripple beneath His tightly laden flesh.


I nod to myself.


"So here we are."


The ground explodes beneath my feet as the beast begins to rush forward.


And I respond in kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment